Founded in 1921, PLANSEE is a key supplier to the lighting industry and offers the most important building blocks for lamp production. Our broad product range includes components made of refractory metals such as molybdenum, tungsten, niobium, tantalum, their alloys and phosphors.
Incandescent lamps still play an important role in the field of general lighting. We deliver wire of optimum quality.
Mo-ILQ redraw wire for the manufacture of mandrel and support wires.
Mo-ILQ mandrel wire with electropolished surface for secondary cooling.
Halogen lamps have become increasingly popular in many fields including indoor lighting, car headlamps and special applications.
- Pt-Mo and Ta foil as a welding aid
- MY-ESS-ribbon for electrical leadthrough in quartz glass
- ML and ML-Ni lead wire pins for power supply
Together with quartz glass bulbs, we also produce halogen lamps with hard glass bulbs (borosilicate glass) for use in car headlamps.
- Finished Mo-dipping shields or alternatively Mo-Ribbon as pre-material
- Mo/MY crimped sleeves as a welding aid for attaching incandescent filaments to lead-in pins or alternatively ribbon as prematerial
- ML and ML-Ni lead-in pins
We additionally offer Tungsten fine wire for filaments.
Short Arc Lamps
We offer tungsten electrode materials which have been especially developed for highly loaded short arc lamps.
- Cathode: Electrodes or prematerial
- Anode: W, WL finished electrodes or prematerial
- MY-ESS-ribbon as electrical leadthrough
- W-pins as lead wires
Pt-Mo and Ta foil as welding aids